Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day was awesome! David gave Janie and I each a box of chocolates. This is something my dad used to do for me when I was a little girl, and I told David several years ago I thought he should pick up the tradition. He did it all on his own this year. I was so proud of him. And Janie absolutely loves her box of candy.



Susan and Kelley are also here visiting, so instead of waiting in line to try to go out to eat, we decided to do a nice meal in. I went to the grocery store Friday after work and picked out some filets. I of course called Dad to see how thick to have them cut. They were amazingly good. We wrapped them in bacon and David grilled them. SO YUMMY!



We also had a salad, potato casserole, and honey dinner rolls. And Susan and I drank a bottle of So Blue. It was awesome.



Then of course we had cheesecake for dessert. It was good too. I tried a new Paula Deen recipe this time. Janie is totally into Paula Deen. The crust was a little hard to get out of the pan and so most of us had crustless cheesecake, but overall it was good too!

2 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

It looks scrumptious. When we come to visit we will bring some So Blue with us!

Ashley Hasty said...

Ooooo! That looks like one yummy valentine's day! Even if a heart shaped box of chocolates was involved hahah :)